Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christ-mas Time is Here

I love Christmas time, and am always sad when it seems to end so abruptly with the passing of December 25th. Some of the things that have always made Christmas so memorable have been the fun family traditions we carry on with each passing year. From Secret Santas, to our annual christmas village, there are always lots of fun things to look forward too. The past 2 years have been especially great, as I have been able to spend time with the people I love here in the Carolina's, while also getting to talk with my family back home.




Along with all the fun family traditions come memories of special Christmas moments. I remember one time delivering newspapers at 3 in the moring, still half asleep, as christmas music played on the car radio. I remember delivering neighbor gifts, seeing the lights, and participating in church christmas programs. I remember fun times with friends and family. Most of all, I try to remember Jesus Christ. "Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift." (2 Cor. 9:15)


My Dad always writes our family christmas cards in poem form, telling the story of our year in rhymes. He always puts at the end a specific paragraph focusing on Christ, and this last week he sent me an extended version he used in a talk for church that I really enjoy.


Like my father, I testify of our Savior Jesus Christ. He is the reason for the season. He is the King of kings, Lord of lords, the Prince of Peace. He is the Light, the Life, and the Hope of this world, even the great I Am. "God be thanked for the Matchless Gift of his Divine Son." (The Living Christ)

www.christmas.mormon.org



















No comments:

Post a Comment